Windbreak Setup Instructions
The following instructions should be used in conjunction with the diagram provided for the particular size that you have purchased.
- Assemble the gates and ensure the material is facing round the right way.
- Thread the square gate tube (part no.2) through the loop, then, thread the two short round poles (part no.14) through the bottom and top loops then push into the black caps. Put an end pole (part no.2 for one gate and part no.6 for the other gate) onto the two short poles (part no.14) and secure the gate fabric around the square pole using the Velcro tabs to take the slack.
- Layout each section of fabric on the ground, start by pushing through the end upright pole (part no.2) to the loop end of the fabric, then slide the horizontal poles (part no.13) through either side and locate them into the plastic end pieces. Now continue assembly using part no. 1 and/or part no. 3, according to the shape you require. End assembly using the upright end pole (part no. 2) and take up any slack using the straps & buckles.
- Once you have assembled all the sections of fabric, using the diagram provided, you are now ready to place it in the location where you require it.
- Use the gate to locate the position for the first ground plate (part no.4), leave enough access but make sure the gate bolt (part no.6 for one gate and part no.9&2 for the other gate) is firmly against the vehicle/caravan for security purposes.
- Now place the screen onto the ground plates using part no. 4 where ever there is a fabric joint or gate, use part no. 5 for the other uprights.
- Once you are happy with the final position, secure the ground plates using the pegs (part no.10) Use the nylon cord straps (part 16) to secure the bottom upright pole, passing the pegs through the metal loops of the nylon cord strap before the ground plate. This will stop the screen from lifting off the ground plates. Do not use the nylon cord to remove the pegs!
- Fit the support poles, using the double pin pole where there is a gate or joint and single pin for other places. Secure the top of the support pole to the screen using the Velcro straps (part 15) and the bottom using the pegs (part no. 10). Support poles are normally placed on the outside of the screen, but can be placed inside if needed. Support poles are not required on corners. We suggest the support poles are used on the outside of the windbreak, but they can be used on the inside if necessary.
- Finally, fit the gate and the movable turn on the double ground plates and secure top using double pin support poles. Secure the movable turn of the static gate by using the securing pin over the bottom pole (part no.9).
WARNING: DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT IN EXTREME WINDS
IF YOU NEED TO DISASSEMBLE YOUR WINDBREAK IN HIGH WINDS, MAKE SURE TO DO IT PIECE BY PIECE TO AVOID THE FABRIC BEING BLOWN AWAY.
|WINDBREAK SIZE||TOTAL WEIGHT||FABRIC||UPRIGHT POLES||HORIZONTAL POLES||SMALL PARTS||SUPPORT POLES||TOTAL POLES|
|3 METRES||6.7 KG
|1.0||SEE TOTAL||SEE TOTAL||1.3||SEE TOTAL||4.4|
|4.5 METRES||9.2 KG
|1.4||SEE TOTAL||SEE TOTAL||1.7||SEE TOTAL||6.1|
|6 METRES||12 KG
|1.8||SEE TOTAL||SEE TOTAL||2.2||SEE TOTAL||8.0|
|7.5 METRES||14.5 KG
|2.2||SEE TOTAL||SEE TOTAL||2.6||SEE TOTAL||9.7|
|9 METRES||18.2 KG
|2.6||SEE TOTAL||SEE TOTAL||2.6||SEE TOTAL||13.0|
|10.5 METRES||21.7 KG
|12 METRES||24.8 KG
|13.5 METRES||26.6 KG
|16.5 METRES||32.6 KG